- About Foto Print
- Orders / Estimates
- What We Do
- File Guidelines
- Contact / Hours
- Marketing - Cards - Envelopes - Stationery Products
- Cards of all sorts
- Paper, blank
- Other things
- Business Printing Forms & Booklets
- Binders . Index Tabs . Clipboards
- Office & School Supplies
- Signage - Display Signs & Wall Coverings
- Direct Mail
- Packaging Material
- Auto Dealership Solutions
- Accountants - Public Practice Printing
- Hospitality Industry Printing
- Menus for the Finest Restaurants & Hotels
- Single Pocket Menus
- Malibu Open Cover Menus
- Malibu Closed Menus
- 4-Page Menu Covers
- 6-Page Menu Covers
- Double Menu Covers
- 4-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Trifold Menu Covers
- 3-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Café Covers
- Tent Menus
- Cheque Presenters
- Drink Coasters
- Quick Print Menus
- Anti Microbial Lamination
- Healthcare Industry+
- Protective & Safety Products
Sizes & standards
Looking for folding sizes? They have a new home: Folding guidelines
|Business Card||2" x 3.5"|
|Postcard||4" x 6"|
|Rack Card||4" x 9"|
|Letterhead||8.5" x 11"|
|Letter (LTR)||8.5" x 11"|
|Legal (LGL)||8.5" x 14"|
|Tabloid||11" x 17"|
|2.12" x 3.37"|
|2.165" x 3.583"|
|8.27" x 11.69"|
|A-2||4.375" x 5.75"|
|A-6||4.75" x 6.5"|
|A-7||5.25" x 7.25"|
|A-8||5.5" x 8.125"|
|A-10||6" x 9.5"|
|Extra Large Octavo||4.5" x 5.875"|
|No. 8||3.625" x 6.5" (plain/window)|
|No. 9||3.875" x 8.875" (plain/window)|
|No. 10||4.125" x 9.5" (plain/window)|
|No. 11||4.5" x 9.625"|
|No. 2||5.5" x 8.5"|
|No. 3||6.5" x 9.5"|
|No. 6||7.5" x 10.5"|
|No. 7||9" x 12"|
|No. 8||10" x 13"|
- Are you different than copy centres/digital shops?
Yes, all leading to a better print buying experience.
Before we print ...We use professional PDF workflow software for processing supplied digital files, which means:
- Supplied files are automatically checked for issues which will affect print quality. Most copy centres just print your file as supplied but we will always contact you first if there are resolution, bleeds, or other issues.
- Many minor issues are automatically fixed at no charge.
- Colour profiles are automatically applied which always ensures accurate colour reproduction.
- All print orders and their digital files are archived for ease of reordering.
- Both soft (emailed) and hard copy proofs are provided, which helps to ensure that content and colour is as expected. No negative surprises.
Ordering and proofing ...
- Our customer service people are knowlegeable! This might not sound important but you wouldn't believe how much money and time we can save you with the right advice.
- Fast and simple web based ordering and estimating.
- Online proof approval, if colour accuracy is not critical.
Quality equipment, minimum environmental impact
- We have an extensive equipment profile, including digital, offset and ink-jet, which is necessary for different types, sizes and quantities of printing. Copy centres usually have small digital devices, which are not economical for larger run lengths and render questionable quality.
- We consider the environmental impact of every equipment purchase.
- Locally owned, locally produced, locally delivered.
- Do you employ quality control?
Yes. We hired the quality control guy that used to work at the M&M candy factory until he got caught throwing away all the candies that said "W" (kidding :)
Quality control is a priority at Fotoprint. We enjoy one of the smallest reprint percentages in the industry because we"get it right the first time". When our customers pick up their printing (even business cards), we are used to big smiles.
A FRIENDLY WARNING: For thoses who have not dealt with us before, please bear with us if we seem overly attentive to details such as bleeds, folded panel sizes, low resolution images, etc. If you care about print quality, rest assured that the end result will be fabulous.
- What are OS and OE envelopes?
OS (Open Side) envelopes have the flaps on the long side.
OE (Open End) envelopes have the flaps on the short side or end.
For a list of standard envelope sizes, please see Sizes & standards
- What are the top 5 problems with supplied PDF files?
Low resolution images (mostly taken from the web)
Incorrect file sizes.
A bleed is an area on a printed sheet where the image extends to the cut edge. The outcome of missing bleeds is uneven and sometimes crooked white lines on the edge of the printed piece which leaves an unprofessional look, especially on business cards. While missing bleeds can be easily applied in the native software application, repairing bleeds in a PDF can be a time consuming process. In some instances we can fix it but there will be extra charges for us to do so.
There are many printing companies and copy shops that do not worry about bleeds. Our print standards are higher. Please bear with us as we try to get it right, the first time. The end result will be worth the effort.
- What can I expect when I request an estimate?
Our estimator analyzes your request and determines the best approach based on your specifications. Given that we always attempt to produce economically, options may be offered, which will save money or production time. It's amazing how much can be saved when the most efficient sizes are used to fit the specifications of equipment. Sometimes a 1/4" size change can save considerable money. Once an estimate is completed, most are emailed but we are happy to phone, fax or mail.