- About Foto Print
- Orders / Estimates
- What We Do
- File Guidelines
- Contact / Hours
- Marketing - Cards - Envelopes - Stationery Products
- Cards of all sorts
- Paper, blank
- Other things
- Business Printing Forms & Booklets
- Binders . Index Tabs . Clipboards
- Office & School Supplies
- Signage - Display Signs & Wall Coverings
- Direct Mail
- Packaging Material
- Auto Dealership Solutions
- Accountants - Public Practice Printing
- Hospitality Industry Printing
- Menus for the Finest Restaurants & Hotels
- Single Pocket Menus
- Malibu Open Cover Menus
- Malibu Closed Menus
- 4-Page Menu Covers
- 6-Page Menu Covers
- Double Menu Covers
- 4-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Trifold Menu Covers
- 3-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Café Covers
- Tent Menus
- Cheque Presenters
- Drink Coasters
- Quick Print Menus
- Anti Microbial Lamination
- Healthcare Industry+
- Protective & Safety Products
Signs & Banners - Wide Format Printing
We offer the best in uv cured flat-bed and roll-fed wide format technologies. What this means for you is that we can print almost anything, on almost anything, at almost any size up to 4' x 8" on rigid materials and 60" wide by any length on flexible material.
Our signs include all interior signs, wall coverings, lawn signs (Coroplast, Vinyl bag signs (fully recyclable and best for environment), and wire stakes), banners, banner stands, outdoor sign stands, flag signs, and foam board signs.
Both of our wide format processes are environmentally-friendly (solvent free), and print on a wide variety of eco-friendly materials such as biodegradable foam core, and recyclable polyester paper.
Because we print directly onto the substrate, there is no need to pay or wait for dry mounting or laminating. Our wide format printing is fade-resistant, outdoor-ready and the typical turnaround is 1-2 working days.
Our six-colour inkjets produce accurate colour at exceptional resolution. Even low-resolution files appear sharp and clear at full size due to the stochastic screening applied by these printers. They are designed to look amazing from a just a few feet away. Come in to look at our full-size samples and be prepared to be wowed.
Every wide format project is unique, but we have a few samples of frequently printed items: banner stands, posters, sandwich board signs, and vinyl banners. If you don't see your project here, please feel free to request an estimate.
Up to 60" wide by any length, depending upon stock choice. Bleeds should be added, and file supplied as a print ready PDF through our online order form. For specific project specifications, see the appropriate item in our products section, or contact us for details.
- What are the limitations of soft proofing?
A PDF proof, or soft proof, is a useful tool but needs to be used with CAUTION. Specific limitations are:
- The colour of the printed piece will not match your screen/monitor. Even with the best calibration and monitor profiling, there is no reliable way to make an RGB monitor match a CMYK print. A hardcopy proof is the only option for making sure that the end result will be what you are expecting.
- It's human nature to skim over an item on the screen, where mistakes tend to jump out more on a printed page.
- Sizing, folding, pagination, and orientation are very hard to judge on a screen.
- Low resolution images won't be noticeable on the screen, but will stand out like a sore thumb on the hardcopy.
- Graphic designers utilizing transparencies, overprints, duotones, and other techniques need to see a hardcopy to determine how these will print.
For all orders at Fotoprint, we generate a hardcopy proof at the same time as the online version. Every proof except wide-format will be accurate to the finished print (wide format is a reasonable match, a stock-match colour-accurate proof can be obtained for an additional fee)