- About Foto Print
- Orders / Estimates
- What We Do
- File Guidelines
- Contact / Hours
- Marketing - Cards - Envelopes - Stationery Products
- Cards of all sorts
- Paper, blank
- Other things
- Business Printing Forms & Booklets
- Binders . Index Tabs . Clipboards
- Office & School Supplies
- Signage - Display Signs & Wall Coverings
- Direct Mail
- Packaging Material
- Auto Dealership Solutions
- Accountants - Public Practice Printing
- Hospitality Industry Printing
- Menus for the Finest Restaurants & Hotels
- Single Pocket Menus
- Malibu Open Cover Menus
- Malibu Closed Menus
- 4-Page Menu Covers
- 6-Page Menu Covers
- Double Menu Covers
- 4-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Trifold Menu Covers
- 3-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Café Covers
- Tent Menus
- Cheque Presenters
- Drink Coasters
- Quick Print Menus
- Anti Microbial Lamination
- Healthcare Industry+
- Protective & Safety Products
What is GRACoL?
GRACoL stands for the General Requirements for Applications in Commercial Offset Lithography. GRACoL is a color reproduction specification. [Read more]
How has Fotoprint implemented the GRACoL standard?
By utilizing the award-winning ORIS software combined with the Xitron Sierra workflow, we have profiled and calibrated all of our full colour output devices to one standard: GRACoL. This means, to the best of the output device's ability, we are able to achieve consistent colour whether your document is being printed offset, digital, or wide format. Rather than trying to match proofer to press, or inkjet to laser, each device now targets the GRACoL industry-wide standard.
Where can I download the GRACoL profile?
How do I install the profile in my Adobe CS applications?
Note: the GRACoL icc profile is not unique to Fotoprint. If you are already set up for another print shop using GRACoL, you do not need to install this profile.
- Download the file above and save it to your desktop or another easily accessible place
- On Windows, right-click on the profile and choose 'install profile'. On Mac OSX, copy the icc profile to /Library/ColorSync/Profiles (or, if you do not have admin privileges, /Users/Library/ColorSync/Profiles)
- Launch Photoshop and select Edit->Color Settings
- Change the RGB space to Adobe RGB (1998), then click on the CMYK space popup and select Load CMYK
- You should see the ORIS_GRACoL2006_Coated1.icc in this list. Choose it, and click Load. If it doesn't appear here, navigate to where you saved the file and load it from there.
- Save the custom settings file and give it a unique name such as "Fotoprint GRACoL"
- Open Adobe Bridge, and choose Edit->Creative Suite Color Settings
- Select the Fotoprint GRACoL (or whatever you named it in step 6) and hit Apply. Your CS applications are now set up for the GRACoL cmyk standard.
- Are you different than copy centres/digital shops?
Yes, all leading to a better print buying experience.
Before we print ...We use professional PDF workflow software for processing supplied digital files, which means:
- Supplied files are automatically checked for issues which will affect print quality. Most copy centres just print your file as supplied but we will always contact you first if there are resolution, bleeds, or other issues.
- Many minor issues are automatically fixed at no charge.
- Colour profiles are automatically applied which always ensures accurate colour reproduction.
- All print orders and their digital files are archived for ease of reordering.
- Both soft (emailed) and hard copy proofs are provided, which helps to ensure that content and colour is as expected. No negative surprises.
Ordering and proofing ...
- Our customer service people are knowlegeable! This might not sound important but you wouldn't believe how much money and time we can save you with the right advice.
- Fast and simple web based ordering and estimating.
- Online proof approval, if colour accuracy is not critical.
Quality equipment, minimum environmental impact
- We have an extensive equipment profile, including digital, offset and ink-jet, which is necessary for different types, sizes and quantities of printing. Copy centres usually have small digital devices, which are not economical for larger run lengths and render questionable quality.
- We consider the environmental impact of every equipment purchase.
- Locally owned, locally produced, locally delivered.
- What is the difference between RGB and CMYK colour?
RGB and CMYK are two different methods for generating/viewing colours. RGB files must be converted to CMYK before printing.
What is RGB?
The colours you see on your computer monitor, smartphone, TV, digital cameras, etc. are in RGBÂ (Red, Green, Blue)
What is CMYK?
Commercial printers print with CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK), also known as '4 Colour Process'.
You convert from RGB to CMYK (recommended)
Many graphics software programs give you the option to work in either RGB or CMYK colour spaces. An image created in RGB is not going to look the same when it's printed using the CMYK four colour process. That means you should convert your images to CMYK before you pass the file to us. The best way to do that is by creating your document in a CMYK workspace and converting your RGB images to CMYK in Photoshop (ideally using the GRACoL profile) before placing them in your document. All of this should be done BEFORE you make a PDF, unless you are working in software which doesn't support conversion, like MS Word or Apple Pages. Other times it may be a matter of timing or necessity (e.g. you've collected a bunch of tiny logos from Web sites, and the output quality isn't critical for this project). We have set up a system at Fotoprint which scans your entire PDF and converts images to CMYK using the GRACoL profile, which is the profile our equipment is calibrated to.
Or... we will convert from RBG to CMYK
If you are a professional designer, we may assume that an RGB file was provided to us unintentionally, and we will advise you accordingly. For the majority of jobs, however, we will proceed with converting and outputting a proof, but will advise that you see the proof in person to confirm the conversion meets your needs.