- About Foto Print
- Orders / Estimates
- What We Do
- File Guidelines
- Contact / Hours
- Marketing - Cards - Envelopes - Stationery Products
- Cards of all sorts
- Paper, blank
- Other things
- Business Printing Forms & Booklets
- Binders . Index Tabs . Clipboards
- Office & School Supplies
- Signage - Display Signs & Wall Coverings
- Direct Mail
- Packaging Material
- Auto Dealership Solutions
- Accountants - Public Practice Printing
- Hospitality Industry Printing
- Menus for the Finest Restaurants & Hotels
- Single Pocket Menus
- Malibu Open Cover Menus
- Malibu Closed Menus
- 4-Page Menu Covers
- 6-Page Menu Covers
- Double Menu Covers
- 4-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Trifold Menu Covers
- 3-Page Gatefold Menu Covers
- Café Covers
- Tent Menus
- Cheque Presenters
- Drink Coasters
- Quick Print Menus
- Anti Microbial Lamination
- Healthcare Industry+
- Protective & Safety Products
Color Flatbed Printer - UV Cured Technology
High Gloss with Eye Catching Results!
We are proud of Foto Print's growing printing capabilities with the purchase of Mimaki flatbed UV printer. It has the ability to print directly onto rigid or flexible material in high resolution using CMYK full colour, opaque white and clear UV spot or flood gloss. The UV printing technology produces no volatile organic compound and uses new cold led UV lighting technology. The 8’ x 4’ flatbed can print onto media that is up to 1.9” thick. The expansive list of substrates that can be used include PVC, Polyester, Foam Core, Wood, Metal, for custom signs for exhibitions, backlit graphics, promotional items, 3D effect printing, and trade show displays. The uv printing process creates colors using CKYM, white and gloss UV.
Mimaki is equipped with all the necessary performance, product quality, ease of use, and environmental friendliness required of a flatbed printer.
Featuring its ability to print onto media up to 50 mm (1.97 in.) thick and on irregularly-shaped media with high weather and friction resistance, the Mimaki produces unparalleled results all in high definition, and works to expand customer business by accommodating a wide variety of needs and requirements.
The following "rigid" substrates are kept in inventory for quick turnaround. Because each have different properties, a discussion is recommended in order to determine the best substrate for the application:
- 'ConVert' corrugated rigid enviroboard 3mm, paper based, 100% recyclable & 10% post consumer waste, indoor. ** Our most enviro friendly choice **
- 'Foam-Cor' foamboard, paper-based 5mm, 100% biodegradable core, recyclable, indoor, warp resistant, lightweight. Screw-in hangers available.
- 'Foam-Cor' foamboard, plastic-based 5mm, 100% biodegradable, recyclable, indoor/outdoor. High impact, warp resistant, lightweight, washable. Screw-in hangers available.
- 'HIPS' polystyrene (high impact) choice of 3 thicknesses - .5mm, .76mm & 1mm, non recyclable, indoor/outdoor, bendable, rollable, washable.
- 'Komatex' PVC 3mm closed-cell foamboard, recyclable, indoor/outdoor. Unbendable, durable (except can crack if abused, especially in extreme cold), washable.
- 'Coroplast' plastic corrugated 4mm, recyclable, indoor/outdoor. Great for lawn signs. Durable, washable. It is the least expensive of the above but print quality will not be optimum.
- 'Gatorfoam' wood fiber veneer 5mm, indoor. Great for long term signage. Very hard surface. Prints beautifully and will not delaminate or crush.
- What are the limitations of soft proofing?
A PDF proof, or soft proof, is a useful tool but needs to be used with CAUTION. Specific limitations are:
- The colour of the printed piece will not match your screen/monitor. Even with the best calibration and monitor profiling, there is no reliable way to make an RGB monitor match a CMYK print. A hardcopy proof is the only option for making sure that the end result will be what you are expecting.
- It's human nature to skim over an item on the screen, where mistakes tend to jump out more on a printed page.
- Sizing, folding, pagination, and orientation are very hard to judge on a screen.
- Low resolution images won't be noticeable on the screen, but will stand out like a sore thumb on the hardcopy.
- Graphic designers utilizing transparencies, overprints, duotones, and other techniques need to see a hardcopy to determine how these will print.
For all orders at Fotoprint, we generate a hardcopy proof at the same time as the online version. Every proof except wide-format will be accurate to the finished print (wide format is a reasonable match, a stock-match colour-accurate proof can be obtained for an additional fee)